Race Timing, Course Measurement & Certification, Event Management Consulting Services
The goal of this program is to raise money for club activities, and every club member who is involved with this activity volunteers his or her time. 100% of the fees charged go to the FTC to help underwrite its programs and activities.
On average the FTC times 6 to 8 races a year in addition to its own events. Races timed in recent years include Falmouth in the Fall, the Strawberry Shortcake 10k in Plympton, MA, The Ed Gill Memorial 5k in Orleans, MA, the Falmouth Flag Day 5k, The Mashpee Octoberfest 10k, The Lovin’ Life 5k in Mashpee, The Paul White Race, The Wellfleet Five Miler, the Wellfleet Oysterfest 5k, the Cape Cardio Canine 5k in Falmouth, and the Cape Abilities 5k in Hyannis MA.
Beginning in 2011, the FTC also began offering course measurement and certification services. Courses certified include the Cape Cod Marathon, the Cape Cod Marathon Half, the Main Street Mile, and the Run to the Rock Half Marathon in Plymouth, MA.
Below is a summary of the services offered:
- 30 years of race organizing and timing experience (including The Cape Cod Marathon)
- Race management consulting
- Race course measurement and certification
- Digital clock for the finish line
- Finish line chute system
- Brass cannon to start your race (added option)
- Other race management equipment available to rent (finish line bridge, cones, traffic vests, crowd control paraphernalia)
- Staff provided to assist at the finish line
- Computerized accurate timing and scoring
- Customized reports for awards
- Results posted on Coolrunning and New England Runner websites
The Falmouth Track Club is an all-volunteer 501(C)(3) non-profit corporation; and as noted above, all fees charged for these services go to support FTC programs and activities.
For more information or to schedule the FTC for your race, contact Courtney Bird at 508-548-0348 or racetiming@falmouthtrackclub.